For a project under development, Rtone is looking to reinforce its team for a few months, starting beginning of September 2017.
We are looking for a software developer, with good experience of Android DSP:
Programming: C, C++,
Script: Shell, Bash
Expertise/good knowledge on peripherals:
i2c, uart, SPI, GPIO, etc…,
Linux, BSP (Board Support Package) Android
Yocto (platform builder)
Can read and understand electronics schematics
Good Knowledge with working experience:
– Linux kernel and AOSP Android (framework base, RIL, sensors, …) on ARM architecture (I2C, SPI, UART, modem, Suspend to RAM, …)
– Build tools (repo, lunch, make, …)
– Facility to navigate within a very large quantity of code (more than 500 projects, millions of lines of code in C, C++ and Java)
We have no need for specific knowledge on Android applications and SDK.
A couple of examples of tasks to be done:
– Be able to modify Linux kernel (drivers) and AOSP Android middleware, to add a backlight function with automatic correction using an ALS (Ambiant Light Sensor).
– Work on Linux kernel (drivers) and AOSP Android middleware to support Suspend to RAM, and debugging it to ensure correct sleeping state and clean wake-up of the platform.
This mission is based in Rtone office, in Lyon, France.
The candidate will be part of a nice team of hardware and software engineers and will get all the needed help in order to be successful.